Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 ~ What a year!

My 2012 got off to a very rocky start. I started having computer issues in January and after several trips to a geeky tech and days, weeks, and months without a computer I was losing all hope. My blog hadn't been touched in months. I thought I would need therapy!!

I was also having some personal issues in that time frame and throw in another move. Have I mentioned this was our 8th move in 7 yrs. My hubby is lucky I love him is all I have to say. Moving isn't over yet, pssttt....we are moving in June, AGAIN!!!! I'd like to think of it as our last but I have a feeling we may put off buying a house until next year after hubby gets his Master's degree.

ANYWAYS, enough of that. Long story short I had to break down and buy a new laptop in August. And, was so happy to see that many of my faithful readers welcomed me back. I love my bloggy community.

So, it's not a full year but this is what I was up to...If you missed them, then go check them out!

Memory boxes made out of gift boxes. You can see the whole tutorial on this post.


Making home journals and eliminating magazine clutter. You can read the easy tutorial on this post.


This is one of my favorite projects. It's a joy to look at everyday sitting at my desk. You can read the tutorial on this post to create your own vision board. 

{Wow does my desk look different now}

My best tutorial was my greeting card decor. You can read it on this post. So don't throw those Christmas cards away. 


Then there was this trashy little treasure. You can read the easy make-over on this post


This post will show you how to turn that $15 desk set into a real beauty for your home. 


My most popular post of 2012 was my mesh wreath tutorial, you can read it at this post


You can read about my Christmas Tree centerpiece at this post. And, my holiday candle tablescape at this post.

I hope that "2013" is going to be a great year for all of us (13 is my lucky number so I'm hoping this is my year). Next year I will have the best review of 2013 and I can't wait. I may have gotten off to a rough 2012 start but I ended pretty darn well. 

I have lots in the works for the New Year and I can't wait to share it!!! 

Happy New Year to all my bloggy friends.





18 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Land Of Blog... I think I would have been deep in Therapy if I had to go Cold Turkey like that! *LOL* Crazy since only two years ago I didn't even know what a Blog was 'til my G-Son dragged me into the 21st Century and set mine up for me! It is an Amazing Community and now I'm totally Addicted. I moved continuously my entire Life, we were quite Nomadic Gypsy Souls and so the difficult part for me was actually settling down and putting down roots in our Retirement years. I still want to sometimes hit the Open Road as Wanderlust lures me like a Siren's Song... but I do Love the Old Historic House we bought and will be a Labor of Love Restoring indefinitely probably. *Winks*

    Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the home journal idea! Your wreath is gorgeous....you did a great job on it! Wishing you a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you managed being without a computer all that time!

    I made a couple of not-as-attractive crafting inspiration journals too. After seeing yours, I think I need to dress mine up (and tidy them up a bit too) they sure do save on the magazine clutter, don't they?

    Have a Blessed 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For being so long without a computer, you sure got a lot accomplished! Everything looks wonderful.
    Saw you linking at It's Party Time!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so creative! I especially love your idea for saving the greeting/Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see your creations of the year. Love the journals and gift boxes especially. Here's to a wonderful 2013 for you and your family no matter where you end up!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, I'm in love with your desk are! I'm needing to revamp my work desk at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects! I especially like the greeting card decor. Thank you for sharing this with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this to my link-up on Fibro, Fit and Fab! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great year! Thanks for linking up at the Best of 2012 Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. A FABULOUS YEAR!!!! Happy NEW YEAR and hope to see you often over at Junkin Joe...we LOVE seeing you! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are some great tutorials! Looks like you had a creative year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects, love the colours you used. Don't know how you stood it without a computer but I bet you got lots of other things done instead. Visiting from DebbieDoo's Pinterest party.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denyse, These are all great projects and I appreciate you sharing them at the Open House party. Happy 2013! xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a busy and great year you had in 2012. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment... I will ALWAYS answer questions and do my best to reply to every comment...but make sure your email is enabled on your profile (without your e-mail I can't "Thank-You" for your kind words...Thanks for visiting :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You can also find me at Hometalk by clicking here.
Follow on Bloglovin





Crazy Deals

Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Silvia Romeo

Site Tracker

PageRank Checker Follow on Bloglovin
Lijit Search Rivit Media PublisherConnect With Advertisers - Sign up for SocialSpark! google-site-verification: googleb78de21e77c286e8.html
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved